Conning is dedicated to creating a workplace where diverse voices are valued.
We believe our diverse perspectives and experiences enable us to best serve our clients. We strive to fulfill our mission by creating a work environment that allows all employees to attain their full potential personally and professionally.
Our Values Are the Foundation of Everything We DoLearn more
Commitment to Ending Hatred and ViolenceLearn more
Statement on Injustice, Prejudice and RacismLearn more
The Global DEI Council
Conning’s Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Council is focused on improving diversity throughout the organization, promoting an inclusive and equitable workplace, and making Conning a place where all employees can achieve their goals and deliver high quality work and great results for our clients. The council's current priorities include recruitment and hiring, organizational climate, training and development, and performance management.
- Includes representatives across business units and regions
- Provides strategic direction and focus for our ongoing DEI efforts
- Promotes the diverse representation of our workforce
- Leads actions to make Conning a more inclusive and equitable workplace where employees can bring their full selves to work
In November 2020, Conning became a CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ signatory, indicating its commitment to building a productive, diverse and inclusive workplace.
Girls Who Invest is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing the number of women in portfolio management and executive leadership in the asset management industry. Its approach is inclusive and focused on education, mentoring, internships and a supportive community. Its goal is to have women manage 30% of the world's investable capital by 2030.
Hartford Pride brings events and news to New England's LGBTQIA+ community and celebrate achievements, foster inclusion, educate, and create awareness on issues impacting the LGBTQIA+ community.
Conning Named to "2020 Best Places to Work in Money Management" List by Pensions & Investments
Building Peer Networks
Conning’s employee resource groups provide an inclusive forum for networking and community building.SPECTRUM and Allies
- Supports efforts to attract and retain the best LGBTQIA+ talent
- Promotes the leadership and development of the members of the LGBTQIA+ community at all levels in the organization
- Builds an internal support system for the members of the LGBTQIA+ community within the organization
- Assists in creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive work environment
The Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)
- Cultivates leadership and skill-building opportunities at each stage of a woman’s career
- Welcomes all employees networking and group mentorship
- Aims to attract, promote and retain women at the firm
The Young Professionals (YP) Group
- Offers training and volunteer opportunities to expand professionally and socially
- Provides a forum for networking and community building
- Fosters continuous career development and skill-building opportunities
Creating Value Beyond Our Walls
Establishing a Healthy Workplace
- Promoting the tools and resources that can help improve employees’ physical, mental and financial well-being
- Empowering employees to achieve a healthier lifestyle
- Creating a healthy workplace culture
- Managing on-site activities such as flu shots, biometric screenings, “Lunch & Learns,” complimentary chair massages, cooking demos and CPR/First Aid classes and certification, as well as stress management and personal financial planning.
Paving the Path Forward
- Conning University
- Fundamentals of Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Professional Designation Assistance
- Mentor Program